About Newgrange Electric Inc.
Owner/operator Edward Byrne began his career in Ireland, and after emigrating to the United States in 1995, worked for a local electrical contractor here on Long Island. In 2008, he obtained his license and started Newgrange Electric, Inc., achieving a goal he had set for himself when he first arrived in this country. Completing many successful projects for both residential and commercial customers, as well as handling maintenance accounts for some of the most prestigious management companies in the tri-state area, Newgrange Electric has grown quickly to become a thriving electrical contracting company that truly cares about its customers and the quality of the work we do for them.
Newgrange is fully licensed and insured and is prepared to provide services for small to large commercial and residential projects. Centrally located in Mineola, we serve all of Long Island, the five boroughs (NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island) and Westchester. We offer 24-hour emergency service, free estimates, quick response times, reasonable rates on service calls and competitive pricing on larger jobs.
- Wiring and repairs
- Service upgrades and generators
- Solar PV installations
- New wiring installations for extensions and new construction
- Lighting controls (Lutron, Radio Ra, etc. )
- CCTV, Fire Alarm and security wiring
- Intercom systems, internal and external intercom dialing systems, and card access systems for multifamily dwellings and office buildings
- Office renovations for power, voice and data wiring
- Parking lot lighting repairs and commercial exterior lighting
- Commercial and residential lighting efficiency retro-fits and rebate programs
Associations & Memberships:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Suffolk County Electrical Contractors Association (SCECA)
- Renewable Energy of Long Island (RELI)
- New York Solar Energy Industries Association (NYSEIA)
- Long Island Solar Energy Industries Association (LISEIA)
- Lead Paint (EPA
Electrical Training Center New York State Certified Program:
- Electrical Grounding and Bonding
- Photovoltaic (Solar)
- Swimming Pools Code and Safety
- 2008 NEC Code Changes and updates
- Computer Network Cable Certification
- Telecommunications Cabling
- New York State Fire Alarm, CCTV, Security Monitoring Module Certifications
Farmingdale College for Photovoltaic Planning and Engineering
- 40 Hour Photovoltaic System installations & Maintenance
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABSEP) Solar PV Certification (Pending)
Read What Our Customers Are Saying
“I can’t express how much I appreciate the time you gave us to fix all our electric issues. You went far above and beyond what I ever expected and did such a beautiful job!”
- Monica - Centerport, NY
"Electrician was right on time this morning, cleaned up all, work looks great and he was very friendly. Showed me things he was doing, answered my questions. Definitely will use this company again"
- Mary, Valley Stream
"Electrician was extremely courteous and professional. He was able to answer all the questions I had about the outage. I would call Newgrange for any electrical related issues in the future, and would recommend it to all my friend."
- Chuan, Roslyn.
"Everything went very well from the customer service to the electrician doing the work. Everyone I dealt with was professional and courteous. I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends and family."
- Vincent, Mineola
"The entire job was completed in an hour. Extraordinary. He was very knowledgeable, quick, and clean. This was an outstanding experience. I would not hesitate to use Newgrange Electric again"
- Stevan, Port Washington
"They were very professional, and I was more than happy with their service."
- Kevin, Valley Stream
"The electrician was courteous and professional"
- George, Westbury